Thursday, June 14, 2012

So, I Graduated...Plus the Very Best Doodles from My Senior Year

So, I did something pretty cool the other day, I graduated from college.  I am now the proud holder of an Early Childhood Education degree. So what are my future plans? Well, with said degree in hand, I'll likely keep on doing the same type of work I've been doing for the last ten years or so, just in a slightly different and (hopefully) better paid capacity.

I didn't go in for the whole cap and gown, sit around for six hours at the football stadium graduation ceremony, but I did do the departmental graduation thing...My parents were in town so there had to be some sort of ceremony,  right?  After that was all said and done, I did have a sweet party, complete with surprise guests secretly flown in from way out of town, a pinata, lawn games, and lots of BBQ, which was totally awesome.

I'm also heading to Lake Tahoe for about a week to chillax and not think about school or work for a few days. I'm very much looking forward to that.  Don't fret, I have a couple reviews stored up and placed in the automatic queue for when I'm gone.  Hopefully that automatic shit works.  I'll be depleting my stores of reviews however, so I'll need to type like a madman when I get back to keep things flowing smoothly around here.

A very big thanks goes out to everyone who stops by and reads my stuff here at the Battle Hymns.  This blog and it's readers played a big role in keeping me sane while working my way through school. I hope to keep giving folks good reasons to drop by in the future, and hope to be able to dedicate more energy to making Battle Hymns as awesome as it can be.

Cheers,

Ryan

P.S. The pics are the very best doodles from my Senior year.  The rest of the doodles in my notebook are pretty bad, and totally embarrassing to share.  Clearly, I paid rapt attention during all my classes. What do/did you folks do when you are/were bored in class?

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Congratz Ryan!!!

Mieneke van der Salm said...

Congrats Ryan!

Unknown said...

Good show, sir! And here's hoping you have a great time at Lake Tahoe. But you have to promise to never ever say "chillax" again when you get back. :P

Ryan said...

@Ryan and Mieneke- Thanks! I can't wait to see what it'll be like having weekends again!

@Niall- Ok, I promise!